The Pacifica High boys’ basketball team finished its season Tuesday with a 71-59 loss to Covina in a second-round CIF-SS Division 3-A contest at the Mariner gym. The team placed fourth in the Empire League race this season, but qualified for the playoffs and defeated its first-round opponent El Dorado by 61-52.
The final season record was 19-11.
Also sustaining losses were La Quinta, Ocean View and Garden Grove.
In girls’ soccer, Los Amigos advanced to the Division 5 semifinals with a 3-1 victory over San Dimas. The Lobos will face Coachella Valley on Saturday.
Here are scores from Tuesday’s CIF-SS playoff action for boys’ basketball and girls’ soccer for teams from high schools serving Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Stanton and Westminster.
- Division 3-A: Covina 71, Pacifica 59.
- Division 4-A: Pacifica Christian 77, La Quinta 64.
- Division 3-AA: Rolling Hills Prep 82, Ocean View 41
- Division 4-AA: Wilson/Hacienda Heights 55, Garden Grove 54.
- Division 5: Los Amigos 3, San Dimas 1.
Categories: High school sports