An agreement to sell a former fire station building and site will be on the agenda for Tuesday’s meeting of the Garden Grove City Council.
The council will be asked to approve a purchase and sale agreement for the sale of the former Fire Station 6, located at 12111 Chapman Ave. for $500,000. That station, located in a former single family home, has been replaced by the new Station 6 on West Street.
Also on the agenda are:
- resolutions honoring Police Lt. John Reynolds and Dr. Dawn Miller as 2019 Garden Grove Chamber of Commerce Man and Woman of the Year;
- appointments to the Measure O Citizens’ Oversight Committee;
- authorize purchase orders in the amount of $150,000 per year for uniforms and safety equipment for police and fire personnel.
The council will meet in its chambers in the Community Meeting Center, 11300 Stanford Ave., at 6:30 p.m.
Graduation schedule for HBUSD schools
The 2019 graduation schedule for schools in the Huntington Beach Union High School District has been announced. It is as follows:
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 12
- Huntington Beach High at Cap Sheue Field, 4 p.m.
- Fountain Valley High at Orange Coast College, 5 p.m.
- Ocean View High at OVHS Stadium, 5 p.m.
- Westminster High at Boswell Stadium, 5 p.m.
THURSDAY, JUNE 13
- Edison High at Orange Coast College, 4 p.m.
- Marina High at MHS Bowl, 4 p.m.
Stanton council to fill vacancy
The appointment of Hong Alyce Van to fill a vacancy on the city council is on the agenda for Tuesday’s meeting of the Stanton City Council.
Van, a resident of Westminster since 1986, is the choice of a council subcommittee to replace Al Ethans, who resigned from his post in February.
Also on the agenda is a resolution establishing fees for the processing of parking permits and the establishment of new permit zones.
The council will meet at 6:30 p.m. in its chambers in the City Hall, 7800 Katella Ave.
Friends of the Library holds book sale
The Friends of the Garden Grove Libraries is holding a sale on Saturday, April 27 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Chapman Branch, 9182 Chapman Ave.
For sale will be books, CDs, DVDs, audio books, magazines and large print books. All proceeds from the sale will support the three Garden Grove libraries and their programs.
Categories: Across the Area