Lorenzo Lamas, a veteran star of daytime and nighttime television soap operas, will be the grand marshal for the 115th Huntington Beach 4th of July parade.
The theme of the parade and celebration will be “Sweet Land of Liberty,” and events include not just the parade down Main Street on Thursday, July 4, but also a three-day patriotic party with the Pier Plaza Festival and Entertainment running Thursday through Saturday (July 6).
Lamas, the son of classic film star Fernando Lamas, is best known for his continuing roles in “Falconcrest” and “The Bold and the Beautiful.”
Other grand marshals and guests of the parade will include:
- Teen grand marshal Gabriel Bateman
- Children’s grand marshal Disney’s Minnie Mouse
- Community grand marshal Tony Diersing
- Sports grand marshals from Orange County Special Olympics
- Celebrity guests Tim Conway Jr., Lynette Romero and Joanie Sprague.
The schedule of events on July 4 will include:
- Surf City 5k Run and Sports Expo. It starts at Worthy Park (17th and Main streets), beginning at 7 a.m. The Sports Expo will be held from 6-11 p.m.
- 4th of July Pancake Breakfast (Hosted by Kiwanis) at Lake Park (11th and Main streets) from 7-10 a.m.
- 115th annual 4th of July Parade from Yorktown Avenue south along Main Street to Pacific Coast Highway from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Pier Plaza Festival and Entertainment at the city pier, Main Street and Pacific Coast Highway. Thursday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Fireworks over the ocean at the city pier. Gates will open at 7 p.m., with the show at 9 p.m.
For more information, go to www.hb4thofjuly.org.
Categories: Huntington Beach