We are well into July now, which means some of us are planning – or have started – vacations or vacation trips. Just so you know, here’s what you may miss in the West Orange County area if you take off today …
WEATHER: For the communities of Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Stanton and Westminster, it will be cloudy for the first part of the week, with clouds clearing on Wednesday and turning sunny by Thursday. Temperatures will range from the mid-70s on Monday and Tuesday up to the mid-80s by week’s end.
MEETINGS: Lots of government action this week.
- Garden Grove City Council will meet on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m.
- Stanton City Council will meet on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m.
- Westminster City Council will meet on Wednesday at 7 p.m.
ENTERTAINMENT: Stuff to watch on live stages and in cinemas.
- “West Side Story” opens Thursday at the Gem Theater on Main Street in Garden Grove.
- “The Bad Seed” opens Friday at the Westminster Community Playhouse.
- Opening this week in local cinemas are “Stuber,” a film about a crime-fighter using a ride-sharing service, and “Crawl,” about some very hungry alligators. Chomp, chomp!
Categories: Across the Area