It may not seem like it, but the 2019 high school football season is just two weeks away. While most prep teams in The Tribune’s coverage area of Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Stanton and Westminster won’t start until the weekend of Aug. 22-23, some are beginning the week before and some the week after.
This month will see the debut of the brand new stadium at Bolsa Grande High School in Garden Grove.
Here’s a rundown of the opening games for local teams. As always, schedules, times and locations are subject to change without notice.
- Bolsa Grande: Aug. 23, Bosco Tech at Matadors (2-8 last season).
- Edison: Aug 16, Chargers (5-6) at Baldwin/Hawaii.
- Fountain Valley: Aug. 23, Barons (5-6) at Elsinore/Wildomar.
- Garden Grove: Aug. 29, Orange at Argonauts (11-2).
- Huntington Beach: Aug. 23, Green Valley/Henderson/Nevada at Oilers (6-5).
- La Quinta: Aug. 22, Saddleback at Aztecs (4-6) at football field #1.
- Loara: Aug. 23, Saxons (8-4) at Murrieta Mesa.
- Los Amigos: Aug. 23, Dana Hills at Lobos (3-7) at Monsoor Stadium.
- Magnolia: Aug. 23, Godinez at Sentinels (2-8) at Glover Stadium.
- Marina: Aug. 15, Wilson/Long Beach at Vikings (3-7) at football field #1.
- Ocean View: Aug. 22, Seahawks (9-2) at Santiago at Monsoor Field.
- Orange: Aug. 29, Panthers (8-3) at Garden Grove.
- Pacifica: Aug. 23, Mariners (5-6) at Norwalk.
- Rancho Alamitos: Aug. 29, Savanna at Vaqueros (7-4) at Bolsa Stadium.
- Santiago: Aug. 22, Ocean View at Cavaliers (6-4) at Monsoor Stadium.
- Western: Aug. 23, Pioneers at Muir/Pasadena.
- Westminster: Aug. 30, Lions (0-10) at Katella at Glover Stadium.
Categories: High school sports
Leave a Reply