The first full Friday of local high school football games brought some high-scoring games for the entertainment of fan.
For example, Trabuco Hills and Pacifica, battling at the new Bolsa Grande Stadium, fought to a 44-34 conclusion with the Mustangs prevailing. Also, in a game at Glover Stadium, Katella rolled past Westminster 64-7.
- Western 14, Huntington Beach 0: Isiah Del Toro three for two touchdowns and rushed for 84 yards in the Pioneers’ win.
- Ocean View 19, Los Amigos 13: Braden Crabtree passed for 245 yards and a score in the Seahawks win. Justin Boyer threw for 135 yards and two touchdowns for the Lobos.
- Esperanza 54, Magnolia 20
- Katella 64, Westminster 7
- Trabuco Hills 44, Pacifica 34
- Costa Mesa 21, Santiago 18: Bernardo Monroy ran for two TDs and passed for a third for the Cavaliers in the loss at Monsoor Stadium.
Angels rally late, but lose in 15
The Los Angeles Angels scored two runs in the bottom of the 9th inning to tie the Boston Red Sox at 6-6 Friday night and send the game into extra innings in Anaheim.
It all ended in the 15th when Mookie Betts homered and the visitors lost 7-6. Albert Pujols had four hits for the Halos and Brian Goodwin’s two-run home run sent the game into extra innings. The Angels are now 64-72 and will face the Red Sox again on Saturday with Dillon Peters (3-2) making the start for the home team.