It’s the week of Columbus Day, or Indigenous people Day, or Discovery Day. Anyway you describe it, it’s about looking ahead. Here’s our look ahead at what’s coming in the communities of Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Stanton and Westminster.
WEATHER: Things will feel more autumnal outside this week, with a partly cloudy outlook for our cities, turning into sunny temps toward the weekend. Here are the highs for our cities, according to The Weather Channel.
• Huntington Beach: 71 to 78.
• Stanton: 73 to 82 to 75 to 80.
• Westminster: 73 to 81 to 79.
MEETINGS: On the agenda for this week, all on Tuesday.
- Garden Grove Unified School District Board of Education meeting, 7 p.m., 10331 Stanford Ave., Garden Grove.
- Huntington Beach Union High School District Board of Trustees meeting, 6 p.m., 5832 Bolsa Ave., Huntington Beach.
- Ocean View School District Board of Trustees meeting, 6 p.m., 17200 Pinehurst St., Huntington Beach.
- Huntington Beach City School District Board of Trustees meeting, 6 p.m. 8750 Dorsett Drive, Huntington Beach.
EVENTS: Huntington Beach Police Department Open House, 2000 Main St, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday.
- “Monster Mash” senior dance at H. Louls Lake Senior Center, 11300 Stanford Ave., Garden Grove. 5-9 p.m. Friday.
ENTERTAINMENT: Opening this weekend in local cinemas…
- “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil:” Angelina Jolie stars in this tale of fairy tale good and evil. Also starring Michelle Pfeiffer, Elle Fanning and Robert Lindsay. Rated PG.
- “Zombieland: Double Tap:” Zombies have evolved and who you gonna call? Starring Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin. Rated R.
SPORTS: The Anaheim Ducks will be at home at Honda Center on Wednesday against the Buffalo Sabres at 7 p.m. and the Carolina Hurricanes on Friday. Both games are scheduled for 7 p.m.
- Local high school football teams are in league play now, and some interesting matchups are coming. One especially good one is Pacifica vs. Tustin on Friday. Both teams are 2-0 in Empire League play.
Categories: Across the Area