Nearly a dozen local teams – including some surprises – will be in the CIF-SS high school football playoffs starting this coming Friday. Eleven teams serving the communities of Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Stanton and Westminster are included in this post-season tournament.
The sole local team that’s seeded is Marina, which is ranked second in Division 11. Two at-large teams – Garden Grove and Huntington Beach – are in the mix.
Here are the pairings as announced Sunday, but times and locations may be subject to change. Division 1 teams will start on Nov. 11, with the rest kicking off on Nov. 8.
- Division 3: Edison (7-3) will host Heritage (7-3).
- Division 7: Huntington Beach (2-8) will visit Cypress (10-0).
- Division 8: Pacifica (5-5) will visit Trabuco Hills (6-4); Garden Grove (4-6) will visit Palmdale (8-1).
- Division 10: Orange (9-1) will host San Marino (4-6); Western (8-1) will host Simi Valley (7-3).
- Division 11: Marina (8-2) will host Laguna Hills (5-5).
- Division 12: Ocean View (7-3) will visit El Monte (10-0).
- Division 13: Rancho Alamitos (7-3) will host Esperanza (6-4).
- Division 14: Santiago (6-4) will visit St. Pius X-St. Matthias (9-0); Loara (8-2) will host California Military (5-5).
Categories: High school sports