The CIF-SS water polo playoffs will start next week with contests on Tuesday and Wednesday, working toward the championships on Nov. 16 in Irvine.
No local teams are seeded, but seven from the communities of Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Stanton and Westminster area are in the post-season tournament.
- Division 1: Huntington Beach (27-8) will visit Orange Lutheran (16-9) on Wednesday.
- Division 3: Edison (12-15) will host Temple City (13-15) on Tuesday.
- Division 4: Pacifica (25-1) will host Glendale (15-12) on Tuesday.
- Division 5: Los Amigos (8-18) will host Trabuco Hills (16-7); Marina (13-13) will visit Estancia (20-8), both on Tuesday.
- Division 6: Western (20-7) will host La Quinta (8-6), Rancho Alamitos (12-16) will host Valencia/Placentia (8-18), both in Tuesday.
The final poll for CIF-SS boys water polo ranks Huntington Beach fifth in Division 1, Edison 10th in Division 3 and Pacifica fifth in Division 4.
Categories: High school sports
Leave a Reply