Nine days until Christmas … six days until the start of Hanukkah and the first day of winter … 15 days until the end of the year … and the pace gets busier. Here are some of the items on your agenda if you live in the communities of Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Stanton and Westminster.
WEATHER : We’re getting our Southern California version of a cold winter. Highs will be in the mid-to-upper 60s and low 70s during the day, and into the low 40s at night. Some clouds and wind, but no rain forecast … yet.
MEETINGS: Local governing boards convening this week will include:
- Huntington Beach City Council, Monday, 6 p.m.
- Garden Grove City Council, Tuesday, 6:30 p.m.
- Garden Grove Unified School District Board of Education, Tuesday, 7 p.m.
- Westminster City Council, Wednesday, 7 p.m.
ENTERTAINMENT: Choices in live and filmed amusement this week.
Major new films opening in local cinemas this week will include:
- “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.” The last installment (maybe) of the nine-film space saga. Rated PG-13.
- “Cats.” Film version of the Broadway play about some very smart felines. Rated PG.
Live theater will include:
- “Disney’s Beauty and the Beast” continues at the Gem Theater on Main Street in Garden Grove Thursday through Sunday, but most performances are sold out.
SPORTS: The Anaheim Ducks will be in Philadelphia on Tuesday and New Jersey on Wednesday.
Categories: Across the Area
Leave a Reply