In a battle of two of Orange County’s top-ranked teams, Orange Lutheran defeated Edison 23-21 Friday night at Orange Coast College’s LeBard Stadium. A 34-yard field goal by Dieter Kelly was the deciding score with less than a minute to play.
The Chargers were led by quarterback Parker Awad, who passed for 157 yards and two touchdowns. Troy Fletcher rushed for 83 yards and one score. The loss dropped the Chargers’ record to 1-2, while the Lancers improved to 3-0.
Here are results from Friday night games in The Tribune’s coverage area. Scores will be posted as they are available.
- Orange Lutheran 23, Edison 21 (see above)
- Santa Ana 55, Garden Grove 13
- Westminster 14, Los Amigos 7
- Cypress 40, Western 13
- Bishop Montgomery at Bolsa Grande
- Huntington Beach 35, Wilson/Long Beach 6
- Loara 16, Costa Mesa 8
- Santiago 32, Santa Ana Valley 0
- University 13, Ocean View 12
Categories: High school sports