All local high school baseball and softball leagues are in action now and the pennant races are starting to take shape.
UPDATE: Here are results from Tuesday’s games.
Golden West League
- Ocean View 10, Godinez 0
Garden Grove League
- Los Amigos 5, Bolsa Grande 0
- Rancho Alamitos 12, La Quinta 9
Orange Coast League
- Orange 11, Saddleback 0
- Huntington Beach 6, Edison 0
- Los Alamitos 9, Marina 3
- Pacifica 11, Crean Lutheran 0
Garden Grove League
- La Quinta 10, Bolsa Grande 0.
Local high school baseball and softball teams are now in league play. Here’s a look at the baseball races (records through Monday) We’ll update softball next week.
- Surf League: Huntington Beach (5-0 in league. 10-4 overall) is the clear leader with Fountain Valley way back in second (1-2, 7-9).
- Orange Coast League: Orange (4-1, 9-6-1) has a half-game lead over Santa Ana (4-2, 8-7).
- Orange League: Savanna and Anaheim are tied for first at 2-0. Western and Magnolia are tied for last at 0-2.
- Garden Grove League: There’s a real horse race here; three teams – Los Amigos, Loara and Bolsa Grande – are tied for first with 5-2 marks, followed closely by Santiago at 4-3.
- Golden West League: Segerstrom (4-0) has the early lead over Ocean View (2-0). Garden Grove, expected to contend for the title, is off to a 0-2 start.
- Empire League: Only two teams – Cypress and Kennedy – have started play so far, with the Centurions winning both of those games. The EL race could be a scramble among the Cents (11-3-2), Pacifica (12-5) and Tustin (11-5).
Sweet 16 in CIF-SS polls
Sixteen area high school sports teams are recognized in this week’s CIF-SS spring sports polls.
- Division 1: Huntington Beach is eighth
- Division 2: Pacifica is seventh
- Division 6: Garden Grove is unranked but received some votes
- Division 7: Los Amigos is first
- Division 1: Pacifica is sixth and Huntington Beach is 10th
- Division 6: Garden Grove is fifth
- Divisions 1 and 2: Huntington Beach is 10th
- Division 3: Edison is eighth
- Division 4: Bolsa Grande is sixth
- Division 5: Pacifica is unranked but received some votes
- Division 6: Magnolia is 10th.
- Division 2: Marina is fourth
- Divison 4: La Quinta is tied for 10th
- Division 5: Westminster is seventh
- Divisions 1 and 2: Edison is eighth.
“Prep Sport Spotlight” is posted on Tuesdays during the high school athletic season.
Categories: High school sports
Leave a Reply