A contract providing for a 3.5 percent pay increase each year for the next three years for police officers goes before the Garden Grove City Council when it meets on Tuesday.
The “memorandum of understanding” between the city and the Garden Grove Police Association also calls for:
- medical benefits contribution increases in July 2022, January 2024 and January 2025;
- bilingual pay of 3 percent of base salary for verbal only skills;
- tuition reimbursement increased to $3000 per fiscal year;
- Homeless Liaison Officer pay of 5 percent of base salary for four officers and one sergeant in the Special Resources Team;
- Life insurance coverage increased to 150 percent of a person’s annual salary.
The expected cost of the proposed contract over the three years is estimated at $7.9 million.
Tuesday’s meeting will be conducted in person in the Community Meeting Center, 11300 Stanford Ave., at 6:30 p.m.
Categories: Garden Grove
Leave a Reply