La Quinta High School in Westminster is among the top 100 public high schools in California, according to new rankings published today (Tuesday) by U.S. News & World Report.
The school, part of the Garden Grove Unified School District, scored 58th in California and 439th among the 18,000 schools in the U.S rated. Evaluations were based on college readiness, graduation rate, performance of underserved populations and other factors.
Here are how public high schools in The Tribune’s coverage area of the cities of Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Stanton and Westminster fared in the rankings.
- La Quinta: 58th 439th (GGUSD)
- Pacifica: 185, 1,251 (GGUSD)
- Garden Grove: 195, 1,344 (GGUSD)
- Bolsa Grande: 214, 1,507 (GGUSD)
- Huntington Beach: 216, 1,515 (Huntington Beach Union High School District)
- Westminster: 245, 1,749 (HBUHSD)
- Edison: 294, 2,051 (HBUHSD)
- Santiago: 305, 2,133 (GGUSD)
- Marina: 334, 2,315 (HBUHSD)
- Rancho Alamitos: 438, 2,887 (GGUSD)
- Los Amigos: 591, 3,960 (GGUSD)
- Ocean View: 772, 5,402 (HBUHSD)
- Western: 879, 6,523 (Anaheim Union High School District)
- Orange: 1,018, 8,155 (Orange Unified School District)
- Magnolia: 1,056, 8,649 (AUHSD).
For more information, go to: https://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/rankings-overview .