Santa Ana

Bird says: put that candle out!

OCFA CREW put out the fire on N. Olive Street in Santa Ana and saved the bird (OCFA).

It could have been a tragic Halloween for a Santa Ana family, and especially for their pet bird.

The Orange County Fire Authority received a call for a fire in an apartment in the 200 block of N. Olive Street at 2:28 p.m. on Monday.

Upon arrival, firefighter paramedic crews were informed by residents that all the occupants were out safely … except for their bird.

Employing a rapid attack, the OCFA crew was able to extinguish the fire and prevent its spread to adjacent units. The bird was found and safely removed. The family of five were assisted by the Red Cross.

And what caused this blaze? An unattended Halloween candle, according to investigators, who caution against ever leaving any open flame unattended.

Leave a Reply