There’s free music, new films, surf and skate action and more this weekend in the Garden Grove-Huntington Beach-Westminster area. Here’s our rundown of what’s fun locally.
Films opening this week in local cinemas.
- “Jason Bourne.” Matt Damon is back in another tale of him against government baddies. Also starring Julia Stiles and Tommy Lee Jones. Rated PG-13.
- “Bad Moms.” Overstressed mothers decide to have some fun, but run afoul of a “perfect mom.” Starring Mila Kunis, Kristen Bell, Kathyrn Hahn and Christina Applegate. Rated R.
- “Nerve.” An online game turns deadly in New York City. Starring Dave Franco and Emma Roberts. Rated PG-13.
Live theater in the GG-HB-W area.
- “M*A*S*H” continues at the Huntington Beach Playhouse (Goldenwest Street and Talbert Avenue) Friday at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday at 2 and 8 p.m.
- “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” closes this weekend at the Rose Center Theater in Westminster (All American Way and Westminster Boulevard). Performances Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m.; Sunday at 2 p.m.
Free concerts in the parks.
- Gold Rush Country will perform country and western hits at Eastgate Park in Garden Grove Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- Golden West Pops will play familiar tunes Sunday at Huntington Beach Central Park at 5 p.m.
The Vans U.S. Open of Surfing continues through Sunday at the Huntington Beach Pier, Main Street and Pacific Coast Highway. Surf, skate, BMX finals on Sunday. For more details, go to http://www.vansusopenofsurfing.com .
Categories: Arts & Leisure
Leave a Reply