Opening in cinemas in the Garden Grove-Huntington Beach-Westminster area this weekend are:
- “Before I Fall” is a serious riff on the “Groundhog Day” concept: a spoiled high school girl experiences the same tragic day over and over. Starring Zoey Deutch. Rated PG-13.
- “Logan” is another spinoff of the Wolverine superhero story. Logan (Hugh Jackman) is caring for the aging Professor X (Patrick Stewart) when things get complicated. Rated R.
- “The Shack,” based on the best-selling novel by William Paul Young, tells the story of a grieving father’s search for solace after a tragic event. Starring Sam Worthington, Octavia Spencer and Graham Greene. Rated PG-13.
The musical “Always, Patsy Cline” opens this weekend at the Gem Theater on Main Street in Garden Grove. One More Productions will stage this play written by Ted Swindley starting on Thursday, with performances Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m. and Sundays at 2 p.m. through March 19. Damien Lorton directs and Nicole Cassesso stars.
There will be an additional show at 2 p.m. on Saturday, March 18. General admission tickets are $30; $26 for seniors and children 12 and under. For more information, go to www.onemoreproductions.com .
- “My Fair Lady” concludes this weekend at the Rose Center Theater in Westminster with performances Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m.
Ongoing events in the area include:
- Friday Night Car Show on Main Street in Garden Grove, 4-8 p.m.
- Art-A-Faire at Pier Plaza (PCH and Main Street) in Huntington Beach Friday beginning at 11 a.m.
- Farmers Market on Main Street in Garden Grove, Sunday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Farmers Market at Pier Plaza in Huntington Beach, Fridays, 1-5 p.m.
Categories: Arts & Leisure