Another hurdle for a three-hotel project planned for Harbor Boulevard has been cleared. The Garden Grove Planning Commission gave its approval Thursday night to several changes requested to a 2012 agreement made with developer Investel.
- two full-service and one limited-service hotel, instead of one full-service and two-limited service hotels
- changes in the traffic circulation of the site
- introduction of retail uses
- rearrangement of certain building locations with the site
- reducing the project site from 5.2 to 4.3 acres.
The project is located on the east side of Harbor at Twintree Lane.
Also Thursday night, planners approved on a 6-0 vote a proposal to change the general plan designation of 15 acres of land in the area of Brookhurst and 11th streets to medium density residential.
Additionally, they supported a proposal to develop a 10-unit apartment complex at 9841 11th St.
Finally, the commission – on a 5-0 vote, with Chair Andrew Kanzler recusing himself – approved a municipal code amendment updating standards for development in mixed-use zones. Of special interest are definitions, operating conditions and standards for business uses that involve entertainment and/or the sale of alcohol.
The next meeting of the commission is set for Nov. 16.
Categories: Garden Grove