Ah, as you can see, Halloween candy is in the stores and creepy stories are in the cinemas and on stage. There’s so much going on, it’s almost scary. Here’s a look at your week ahead.
WEATHER: Cool and warm.
- Garden Grove: Pretty much sunny all week, with a high of 86 on Friday and a daytime low of 81 next Sunday.
- Stanton: Warm then cool then warm. A high of 86 on Friday, a low on Wednesday of 73.
- Huntington Beach: Cooler than our inland cities. High of 83 on Friday and a low of 70 on Wednesday.
- Westminster: Sunny most of the week, but partly cloudy Tuesday and Wednesday. High is 85 on Friday, low of 72 on Wednesday.
MEETINGS: A lot of local government conclaves this week.
- Garden Grove City Council on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. Top topic: Should the city host a Tet festival and parade?
- Stanton City Council on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. Top topic: Presentation from OCTA about the future of Beach Boulevard.
- Westminster City Council on Wednesday at 7 p.m. Top topics: Civility policy, by-district elections, and limiting time for public comments.
ENTERTAIMENT: Films opening this week are:
- “The Addams Family,” a new 3-D animated version.
- “Gemini Man,” a story about a secret agent man (Will Smith) who has become his own worst enemy.
- “Jexi,” a man’s smart phone tries to take over his life.
On stage, “Bright Star” continues at the Gem Theater in Garden Grove. At Golden West College’s Mainstage Theater, “Playing with Fire” (Frankenstein) continues.
SPORTS: The Anaheim Ducks are on the road all week. The top high school game could be the Edison (4-2) vs. Corona del Mar (6-0) contest on Friday at Newport Harbor High. That game could decide the Sunset League crown.
Categories: Across the Area
Leave a Reply