Super Tuesday isn’t just for Bernie and Joe and Liz, et al. It’s Election Day for many local races, and it’s the last day to cast ballots for your choice for public office. Here’s what the week looks like for our communities of Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Stanton and Westminster.
WEATHER: The week will start just fine, with sun through Wednesday, turning to cloudy by Thursday. The weekend could bring us rain with a 20 percent chance on Saturday and 40 percent chance on Sunday. Highs will range from 79 degrees to 64.
- Another big deal will be the Art in the Park event in the Village Green in downtown Garden Grove. Open from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, it will feature hands-on art activities as well as the 42nd annual First Impressions Student Art Exhibit (from pupils in the Garden Grove Unified School District) at the Courtyard Center, 12732 Main St., starting at 9 a.m.
MEETINGS: The Huntington Beach City Council will meet on Monday at 6 p.m. The Stanton Planning Commission will meet on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. and the Garden Grove Planning Commission will meet on Thursday at 7 p.m.
Garden Grove Unified School District Board of Education will meet at 7 p.m. on Tuesday.
ENTERTAINMENT: Films opening in local cinemas this weekend will include:
- “Onward.” Two elves go on a quest to see if magic has survived. A Disney-Pixar animated film, rated PG.
- “The Way Back.” A troubled man struggles with alcoholism while coaching the basketball team at his old high school. Ben Affleck stars. Rated PG-13.
Live theater performances locally include:
- “Guys and Dolls” continues Thursday through Sunday at the Gem Theatre on Main Street in Garden Grove.
- “Mary Poppins” continues Friday through Sunday at the Rose Center Theater in Westminster. Closing this weekend.
Categories: Across the Area