Garden Grove

One treated for smoke at house fire

HOUSE FIRE on Royal Palm in Garden Grove on Thursday morning (GGFD photo).

One person has been treated for smoke inhalation at a fire at a single-story home in northwest Garden Grove on Thursday morning.

According to Capt. Thanh Nguyen of the Garden Grove Fire Department, the blaze was reported in the 9300 block of Royal Palm Boulevard shortly after 9 a.m. The fire caused a roof collapse. According to reports, the resident of the house escaped the blaze by wrapping himself in a shower curtain.

The fire was declared contained at 10:33 a.m. Cause of the blaze was not immediately known. Assistance to the GGFD was provided by Anaheim Fire and Rescue and the Orange County Fire Authority.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s