A brand-new week. A brand-new month. And, if you’re the bookkeeper, a brand-new fiscal year. Here’s your guide to what’s on the agenda for this week in the Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Stanton and Westminster communities.
- Garden Grove: 79 on Monday, then a slide to the mid-70s. July 4 high will be 74.
- Huntington Beach: 76 on Monday, sliding to the low 70s. July 4 will be 73.
- Stanton: 80 on Monday, with highs dipping to mid-70s later. July 4 temp is 75.
- Westminster: 80 on Monday, with highs dipping to 74. The July 4 temp is 75.
MEETINGS: Huntington Beach City Council meet tonight (Monday). There’s a study session at 4 p.m., closed session at 5 p.m. and the regular meeting at 6 p.m. The council meets at 2000 Main St. (at Yorktown).
EVENTS: The big event locally is the 115th annual 4th of July parade in Huntington Beach. The parade goes south along Main Street from Yorktown Avenue to Pacific Coast Highway from 10 a.m. to noon. But there are other events. Go to www.hb4thofjuly.org for more detail.
ENTERTAINMENT: Local live stages are largely dark this week, although there are some plays coming up later this month.
Here’s what’s opening in area cinemas this week:
- “Spider-Man: Far from Home” comes out on Tuesday. Spidey goes on vacation, but new challenges follow him. Tom Holland and Samuel L. Jackson star. It’s PG-13.
- “Midsommar” opens on Wednesday. It’s a Euro-style horror movie. Rated R.
Categories: Across the Area