Salary increases for seven categories of employees were approved by the Garden Grove Unified School District Board of Education at its meeting on Tuesday night.
On a 4-0 vote – with Trustee Dina Nguyen absent – the board gave its approval to:
- an agreement with the local unit of the California School Employees Association calling for a 9 percent salary increase effective July 1, 2022;
- an agreement with the GGUSD Supervisory Unit calling for a 9 percent salary increase effective July 1, 2022;
- a proposal to approve a 5 percent salary increase for members of the board of education;
- recommendation for a 9 percent salary increase for classified substitutes, temporary employees, tutors and college workers effective Jan. 16, 2023;
- a recommendation for a 9 percent increase for confidential employees and student supervision assistants effective July 1, 2022;
- a recommendation for a 9 percent salary increase for management employees (classified and certificated, including assistant superintendents and the superintendent) effective July 1, 2022.
Because of state increases in the minimum wage, the hourly rate for the high school student workers job classification was recommended to be increased to $15.50 per hour.
The GGUSD is a K-12 system serving most of Garden Grove and parts of Anaheim, Cypress, Fountain Valley, Santa Ana, Stanton and Westminster.
Leave a Reply