Garden Grove Unified School District Board of Education will consider new and revised board policies when it meets on Tuesday, Sept. 21.
Board members will gather to address public comments at 5 p.m., a closed session at 5:05 p.m., and a regular board meeting at 7 p.m., all of which are being held via telecommunication.
Ongoing changes are intended to ensure district board policies reflect the concerns of the public. The following new and revised board policies are:
- board members may use electronic communications to address matters that do not pertain to district business;
- school administrators may allow community members or outside guests to visit classroom(s) if their visit is mutually beneficial and does not disturb the learning environment;
- individuals may file a complaint under the district’s Uniform Complaint Procedurespolicy regarding discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or bullying and shall seek to resolve those complaints;
- district programs and activities shall be free from discrimination, including harassment, bullying, and intimidation, based on actual or perceived disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, sex, color, immigration status, or association with a person or group; · the district shall support married, pregnant, and parenting students who wish to continue their education, help them attain strong academic and parenting skills, and promote the healthy development of their children, and
- any person may attend any open Board meeting or other commission, committee, or advisory body that is established by a formal vote of the board, according to staff report.
The meeting can be viewed on Zoom.
The GGUSD is a K-12 district serving most of Garden Grove and parts of Anaheim, Cypress, Fountain Valley, Santa Ana, Stanton and Westminster.
– Lauren DeMaria