By Reagan Cisar
A new dog park, revisions to district electoral boundaries, and a parkette on Orangewood are among several items to be considered at the Stanton City Council meeting Tuesday at 6:30 p.m.
A 54,866 sq ft vacant, underutilized property, running east-southeast from Western Avenue to Cerritos Avenue, will be turned into a dog park if approved at the City Council meeting. Another vacant, underutilized property, located at the end of Orangewood Avenue at 9,450 sq feet, will likely be developed into a parkette.
- Approve the subdivision tract map for development of seven detached condominium units at 7091 Kermore Lane.
- Award a contract to RJM Design Group to provide consulting services for the dog park design project at a maximum contract amount of $193,962 and appropriate $164,000 from the Park in Lieu Fees Fund for the project.
- Award a contract to BOA Architecture to provide professional building and landscape design services for renovations to the city’s Family Resource Center, at a maximum amount of $57,600.
- Award a construction contract to Pro Installations Inc for the sheriff’s substation flooring replacement project, for the amount of $50,001.60 and appropriate $60,000 from the Capital Projects Fund for the project
- Award a contract to G2 Construction to install catch basin automated retractable screens and connector pipe screens, using $101,780 in grant money from the Measure M2 Environmental Cleanup Program to fund the project. $127,225 from the city’s Capital Projects Fund and $25,445 from the Gas Tax Fund are likely to be distributed.
- Award a contract to BFB Design Group to provide consulting services for Orangewood Parkette, at a maximum amount of $89,060 and appropriate $109,100 from the Park in Lieu Fees Fund, adding the project to the city’s fiscal year budget.
- Adopt a resolution of formal support in alignment with an Assembly bill for a State Veterans Cemetery within Orange County
- Approve an extension of the agreement for building consultant services for Charles Abbott Associates Inc, for through June 30, 2022.
- Approve city sponsorship to 47th annual Cypress College Foundation Americana Awards Live Stream Gala in the amount of $3,000.
- Approve an ordinance regulating urban lot splits under Senate Bill 9.
The council will hold a public hearing, considering revisions to district electoral boundaries, as required under the California and federal Voting Rigts Act. Under the law, Stanton must hold four public hearings to ensure minority populations are aware of redistricting efforts.
The fourth public hearing will be held on March 8 at the regularly scheduled meeting. The council will also consider a resolution prohibiting overnight parking on Main Street from Flower to Sycamore Avenue, as well as a resolution allowing for angled parking between Rose Street and Flower Avenue.
Additionally, staff will make a presentation about Stanton’s share of the American Rescue Plan Act, reviewing updates to the allocation of funds.
Residents may join the meeting Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. via Zoom or by calling +1 (669) 900-9128 and dialing the Meeting ID: (857 8251 7912). Members of the public wishing to provide public comment should email pvazquez@StantonCA.govwith the subject line “PUBLIC COMMENT ITEM # (insert item number)” no later than 5 p.m. Tuesday.